Partake of a sinless garden of earthly delights with this recipe for parsley pesto pine nut pasta. These herb garden fresh noodles are guilt-free because they are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and vegan. This dish is so deliciously delectable that Eve herself wouldn’t know it was healthy!
- 4 cups fresh Italian flat leaf parsley (or try basil, or even cilantro)
- ¾ cup pine nuts (+ more for garnish)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (adjust for taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (adjust for taste)
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan (or regular variety) + extra to serve with
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (adjust for taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black peppercorns (adjust for taste)
- 16 ounce package gluten-free brown rice spaghetti style pasta (or any variety)
Gather all of the ingredients, and wash the fresh herbs. Boil the pasta according to its package instructions.
Mince the parsley in a food processor adding olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan. Add the seasonings then taste it. (Adjust the mixture as desired, but keep in mind that the flavor should be really strong at this point because it will be diluted by two cups of pasta.)
Drain the pasta and add the pesto to it. (I do this in the same warm pot I cooked the pasta in.) Cover the pot to keep the pasta warm until serving, and then transfer it to a pretty serving dish. Garnish with additional pine nuts and flower-cut radishes if you like.
I’ve even made this recipe without adding any parmesan at all, and everyone still thought it was wonderful. (This is a great way to indulge in a weeknight meal while cutting a few extra calories.)
Serve the pasta along with a side salad of mesclun greens topped with sliced radishes and pine nuts. Offer parmesan, sea salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar for each guest to season their own greens with.
See how to easily craft your own herb garden napkins rings from printed fabric, get your own free basil seed card printables (invitations, place-cards, food tents, menus, herb markers) and learn how to effortlessly customize a table setting with Washi tape here!
Be sure to check out more of the Fresh Herb Garden Luncheon Tablescape here.
Race you to the herb garden!