These healthy recipes for purple baked potato chips and creamy vegan tasty tuber topping dip will transform your snack time into a guilt-free indulgence. They’re a great enticement for those store-bought fried chip lovers to take better care of their health, and for the picky eaters in your life… because who can resist purple food!? The tasty tuber dip is also the perfect topping for baked potatoes and can be prepared well in advance for ease of week night dinner preparation. All in all, this is a winning combination worth trying… if I do say so myself!
Purple Baked Potato Chip Ingredients:
- 5 purple fingerling potatoes, per plate full (or any fingerling potato)
- olive oil (enough to lightly coat potatoes)
- sea salt (or salt free seasoning)
- dried garlic powder (optional)
- dried onion powder (optional)
Tasty Tuber Topping Dip Ingredients:
- 2 cups unsweetened vegan coconut yogurt (or any variety of plain yogurt)
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (or another healthy oil)
- 1 heaping tablespoon veganaise (or mayo)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or lime)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used Follow Your Heart brand soy-free vegan.)
- 5 tablespoons fresh chopped chives (or 5 teaspoons dried)
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or 2 tablespoons salt free seasoning)
Purple Baked Potato Chip Instructions:
First, wash and scrub the potatoes well with a brush.
Slice them easily with a mandolin (or slice thinly by hand… the harder way).
Next toss the potato chips with enough olive oil to coat them lightly in a bowl with the seasoning.
Place the chips in an even layer over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and then sprinkle them with a light coat of seasoning.
Bake at 375ᵒ for about 25 minutes or so depending on your oven’s nature. (They will shrink a little and change color when they’re done… so keep an eye on them.)
Tasty Tuber Topping Dip Instructions:
Simply combine all of the ingredients.
Then blend everything with an immersion blender, or a standard one.
Scoop into a serving bowl, and garnish with extra chopped chives.
This tasty topping also makes the perfect baked potato filling. It’s great to make ahead, along with baked potatoes, when you know you be in late the next day. Just reheat the spuds and serve with bagged salad.
Who needs fried potato chips when these can be enjoyed guilt-free!? These are less expensive than the store-bought kind too! And… they are purple! Enough said.
“It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin’ purple” potato “eater, sure looks strange to me.”